Peppermint oil is one of the more versatile oils, which is why it’s a staple in our house!
Besides using it for all of its therapeutic benefits:
- Energy boost – Rub a drop on the back of your neck, diffuse, inhale, or drip a drop in a glass of water when you need to jump start your energy level!
- Fitness Tip: It’s great to use right before or during a workout! Need a total body at home workout for this busy holiday season? Try my Twelve Days of Christmas Workout!
- Soothes headaches– Rub a drop on your temples or diffuse to alleviate a headache.
- Eases belly aches-Rub a few drops on your belly or put a drop or two in a glass of water to help settle your stomach.
- Reduces congestion-Diffuse or inhale to help reduce congestion.
- Promotes focus– Diffuse or rub a drop on the back of your neck to help enhance concentration.
- Fever reducer-Rub a few drop on the bottom of your feet to help bring down a fever.
*It’s always a good idea to use a carrier oil, such as coconut, olive, or jojoba oil when applying essential oils to your skin. This is especially true when using essential oils on children! Peppermint oil is suggested for children ages 6 and older.*
We also love to flavor our favorite treats with peppermint oil:
- Hot chocolate– Add a drop to a cup of hot chocolate for a cool minty flavor!
- Chocolate chips– Mix 5-7 drops to 1 cup of chocolate chips for a peppermint infused taste! Use those chocolate chips to enhance your favorite baked recipe or to simply snack on!
- Brownies– Mix in several drops to any brownie batter for delicious peppermint brownies!
Learn more about Young Living’s Peppermint Vitality.