The Twelve Days of Christmas Workout
On the first day of Christmas my trainer gave to me…
Are you singing the song in your head yet? Good, because that’s exactly how this workout works!
Do the First Day exercise (1 Star Jump). Do the Second Day, AND First Day exercises (2 Side Lunges, 1 Star Jump). Do the Third Day, Second Day and First Day exercises (3 Walk Out Planks, 2 Side Lunges, 1 Star Jump)…etc. Getting the hang of it? Do the Twelfth Day round twice!
Put on your favorite Christmas music, diffuse some Christmas Spirit, rub on a few drops of en-r-gee, and add a drop of peppermint to your water! Get ready to sweat! (Remember to take breaks when needed throughout the workout.)
Warm up by preforming one or more of these exercises for at least 3 minutes- jog in place, quick front toe taps, jump rope (without a rope)
o First Day- 1 Star jump
- Start with your feet and knees together in a low squat, fingertips should touch the floor. Explode up; jumping as high as possible and extending your arms and legs out diagonally to look like a star! Bring your arms and legs back together and land softly back in a squat.
o Second Day – 2 Side Lunges
- In standing position, step your right foot out wide, toes and knees pointing forward. Bend your right knee, keeping your weight over your heel. Push through your right heel to bring your foot back to standing position. Switch sides.
o Third Day- 3 Walk Out Planks
- In standing position, keeping a slight bend in your knees, bend over at your hips to touch your touch toes. Walk your hands out into a plank position. Walk your hands back towards you keeping a slight bend in your knees, stand back up.
o Fourth Day- 4 High Knees
- In standing position, bring one knee up in front of you and back down as quickly as possible. Alternate knees. (1 rep = both knees)
o Fifth Day- 5 Sumo Squats
- With your feet wider than hip width apart, and toes slightly turned out, bend your knees into a wide squat. Stand back up pushing up through your heels and squeezing your glutes. (Want a little extra burn? Make these Sumo Squat Jumps!)
o Sixth Day- 6 Switch Lunges
- In standing position, step forward into a lunge with your right foot. Jump straight up switching legs in midair, and landing back in a lunge with your left leg forward. Alternate legs. (Cant jump? No problem, alternate forward lunges instead!)
o Seventh Day- 7 Plank Jacks
- Starting in plank position, jump feet apart then back together.
o Eighth Day- 8 Alternating Curtsey Squats
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Cross your right leg behind you to the left. Bend both knees to 90 degrees, keeping your toes and knees pointing forward. Return to starting position and switch legs.
o Ninth Day- 9 Push Ups
- In plank position (on your toes or knees), bend elbows to lower your body down, press through your palms to straighten elbows and bring your body back up.
o Tenth Day- 10 Burpees
- From standing position, squat down with your hands on the ground. Jump your feet back into a plank position. Quickly jump your feet back into a squat and explode up!
o Eleventh Day – 11 Jumping Jacks
- From standing position, jump to a position with your legs out wide and hands overhead, then return to a standing position with your feet together and arms at your sides.
o Twelfth Day- 12 Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your fingertips lightly behind ears. Bring one knee in towards your chest, while lifting your shoulder blades off the ground, rotate torso toward knee. (Be sure not to pull on your neck.) Switch knees and rotate torso the opposite way.
Don’t forget to cool down and stretch!